Kenny Omega is money.
- Callis and Omega go back a long way as the former was trained by the latter’s uncle, the Golden Sheik. Callis met Omega when he was 10 years old. He’s gone out of his way to have Omega’s back ever since, meaning that they’ve been (kayfabe?) working together for the last 27 years.
- Callis also takes credit for the Jericho/Omega match in NJPW, claiming it was his booking that put the wheels in motion for the birth of AEW.
- Mathews asked Omega why he used a cheap shot to beat Moxley for the AEW World Title. Omega explained that Moxley had broken a cardinal rule and laid his hands on Omega’s family (Callis). That’s why he did what he did.
- Omega also used his love of collecting as an explanation for what his next move may be. Comparing wrestling gold to the comic books of his youth he said he is now in the position to go out and get as many belts as he can. This means that he has eyes on other promotions and their champions. The AEW title is just the first of many in his plans.
- Omega also said he had something big planned for this week’s AEW Dynamite
As I said at the beginning of this piece, Kenny Omega is money and his appearance on Impact has set the wheels in motion perfectly for the two companies going forward. Can you imagine the “dream” matches that could take place? Especially The Young Bucks vs The Good Brothers?
As for The Cleaner himself, I have no idea what he’s planning. But if it’s similar to The Hardy’s Quest For Gold where he travels from promotion to promotion across the world and faces their champions. Could 2021 could be the greatest year for wrestling in the history of the sport?
Let us know what you thought about Kenny Omega’s appearance on Impact Wrestling. Tell us what do you think about his plans in the comments below.